Chocolate milkshake with homemade cashew butter... the dream!
• 1 over-ripe banana
• 1 tablespoon of my homemade cashew butter
• Half to a full tablespoon of cacao powder
• 1-2 dates
• 400 milliliters of plant based milk
• A pinch of cinnamon
• A pinch of Himalayan or rock salt
• Ice to serve
• For the butter:
• 300 grams cashews
• 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
• 1 teaspoon Himalayan fine sea salt
1. Peel and cut the banana into bitesize pieces and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.
2. Once the banana has frozen, add all the ingredients into a blender.
3. Once everything has blended, pour into a glass and serve with ice and a straw.
4. For the butter:
5. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Pour the nuts onto a baking tray and place in the hot oven for 10 minutes.
6. Place the cooled cashews into the blender, scraping down the sides with a knife if they get stuck as they grind down.
7. After about 10 minutes, they should have turned into a creamy consistency, then add in the salt and vanilla and blend for another minute.